Does anything beat Sunday roast with all the trimmings?
Make yours with our delicious NI Farm Quality Assured silverside, fully traceable and guaranteed farm to fork.
- Our delicious NI Farm Quality Assured silverside roast
- 10ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- For the Yorkshire puddings:
- 140g plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 900g Maris piper potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 50g butter
- 120ml milk
- Serve with your preferred vegetables
- Rub the silverside with olive oil, salt and pepper and seal in a hot non-stick frying pan until golden brown all over. Transfer to a baking tray, wrap in tin foil and roast in a hot oven for 20 minutes per pound plus an extra 20 minutes for rare (25 minutes per pound plus 25 minutes for medium, 30 minutes per pound plus 30 minutes for well done), remove from the oven and rest for 30 minutes.
- To make the Yorkshire puddings: Increase the oven temperature to 220oC/450oF/gas 8.
- Drizzle the oil evenly into a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin and place in a hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the flour and eggs into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Gradually add the milk and whisk until lump-free.
- Pour the batter into a jug, then remove the hot muffin tray from the oven. Pour the batter into the holes. Place the tray back into the oven and leave undisturbed for 20-25 mins until the puddings have puffed up and browned.
To make the mash: Boil the potatoes in water until tender, about 15–20 minutes.
- Drain well, then replace the lid and steam for three minutes.
- Add butter and milk a little at a time while you mash the potatoes, cover and keep warm. Meanwhile cook the vegetables and make gravy.
- Carve the roast beef and arrange onto warm plates with mash, vegetables and gravy.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables and gravy