Cottage pie, the ultimate hearty meal.
You’ll definitely taste the difference with our delicious steak mince, just 5% fat.
Just 10 mins prep time & 30 mins cook time.
- 500g of our delicious steak mince
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, cut in half and finely sliced
- 400ml passata
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 beef stock cubes, crumbled
- 100g frozen peas
For the topping;
- 1 small turnip (about 600g when peeled and cut into cubes)
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Seasonal steamed green vegetables
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onions until soft. Add minced steak and continue to cook for 5 minutes until brown. Pour in passata and add Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, beef stock cubes and season. Reduce the temperature and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Finally, stir in peas and cook for a minute before transferring the mixture to an earthenware dish.
- For the topping - Meanwhile place the prepared turnip, carrots and parsnips into a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce the temperature and simmer for 20 minutes until tender. Drain and use a fork to mash the vegetables. Season.
- Preheat an oven to 180oC / (Fan 160oC) / Gas mark
- Spread the mashed vegetables over the meat. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes
- Serve with seasonal steamed green vegetables