Our delicious Beef Burrito Bowl recipe takes just 10 mins prep time & 10 mins cooking time, making it perfect for busy families.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 500g of our delicious NI Farm Quality Assured steak mince
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 100ml water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- For the rice
- 250g basmati rice
- 500mls water
- To serve
- 2 avocados, peeled, stone removed and sliced
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated
- A small bunch of chopped coriander
- A handful of rocket leaves
- 3 tablespoons natural yogurt
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the onion for a few minutes, stirring occasionally before adding the sliced peppers, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, paprika, chilli powder and crushed garlic, cook for a further minute before adding the steak mince to the frying pan. Break the mince up with a wooden spoon as it browns, stir in tomato puree, water and a crumbled stock cube, cook for 10 minutes, then add kidney beans and cook for 2 minutes until warm.
- Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan and add the rice, stir with a spoon and then reduce the temperature to a simmer, pop the lid on and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Remove the saucepan from the heat, keep the lid firmly fixed and allow the rice to steam for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the rice into large serving bowls with the minced steak, peppers and beans, top with avocado slices, cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of cheese, rocket leaves and coriander. Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado. Drizzle a little yogurt over the dish before serving.