- Serves 4
- Just 20mins prep time!
Stage 1 – Ingredients:
1 ½ litres water
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped in half
45g peeled and chopped fresh ginger
3 celery sticks, washed and roughly chopped
2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
Stage 2 – Ingredients:
1 clove of garlic, crushed
30g ginger, peeled and grated
½ tsp of shrimp paste
1 tsp of brown sugar
1 Thai red chilli, finely chopped
A dash of fish sauce
4 spring onions
150g Pak choi or baby spinach leaves
250g cooked noodles
Shredded beef shin
A few coriander leaves
- Place all of the ingredients into a large saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce the temperature and simmer for two hours. Using a large spoon, lift the beef out of the pan and place onto a plate.
- Remove the bone and any fat and using a knife and fork shred the meat into little pieces.
- Sieve the remaining stock to remove and discard the vegetables. You should be left with about 1 litre of delicious stock.
- Pour the stock back into the saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and add the garlic, ginger, shrimp paste, sugar, chilli and fish sauce.
- Add the spring onions, Pak choi, noodles, cooked shin and coriander and simmer for another few minutes. Ladle into warm bowls and serve.